If I ever met the persons responsible for picking out those curtains...let's just say I would see it as my duty to tell them the truth.
Suddenly the clutter was gone, but so was I. It felt a bit too sterile.
As you can see, a number of things have changed (luckily!):
- I got rid of the ugly curtains and bought some perfectly normal ones in creme. Easy fix!
- That blue office chair had to go. I bought Tobias because he's in see-through plastic and looks good with Ludde sheepskin. Residential Services looked at me kind of funny when I came to return the chair... "I bought a different chair" I explained. "What kind of chair, what's wrong with this one?" they asked. "There's nothing wrong with it other than the fact that it's not pretty," I replied. And now they think I'm to vain for my own good, but we know better, don't we?
- It takes time to fill a pin-board properly, so I put a fabric over it to tone down the color of all the wooden furniture.. Then I started pinning to add some much needed color.
- I bought my own lamp, comfy pillows, and a furry bed spread.
- I needed my shelf space, so the frame is pretty much all I have that doesn't have a function other than to look pretty. The purple Liberty bag is what I use to bring some color instead of a purple object I can't use (who would have guessed I have all my workout equipment in that bag!?).